Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Performing tests on functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janelda

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day all,

I am searching for ways to test if SPI is working in a processor.

If i use UART, i know that i can send characters to a computer and test its functioning, once that is working i can connect the processor with confidence to another IC to do serial communication, because then i am sure the code setup works. But i do not know how to do this with SPI. Can someone please advise?

I am also searching for methods on how to test the accuracy of a energy IC, specifically the ADE7753, please advise.

Another question i have, if i want to test that i designed my burden resistor for the current sensing transformer correctly, and that i have connected the transformer correctly to the mains without killing myself, is there a way? or is the only way to connect it to the supply and hope for the best?

Thanks in advance

what is SPI? Pl. explain sothat I may help you.

Serial Peripheral interface, its a full duplex communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.