Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Performance of microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

forksdude

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently I came across this sentence in one journal paper
The performance of the microcontroller with any wireless protocol is slow.
Can anybody answer why it is slow?

And we need to write an embedded C code initially and need to convert in to assembly hex code. It requires the programming memory.
Micro controllers are not used for complex circuit design in related terms

Can anybody answer the above two questions.

Can this disadvanatages can be overcome by FPGA?

Please i/p your answers, help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Forksdude

Hi,

first, it will be depend on the clock cycle of operation of the microcontroller. It is not slow, rather some programmer program the microcontroller to have a security op-code first. for example, when the microcontroller receive the information wirelessly, it will buffer first then when it is done it will process and execute. the buffer time it take some time it is because the microcontroller will check the op-codes, body data and then the acknowledgement of receiving the data form its source. so that you can say its slow...

Thanks dude for your valuable reply!

Can this advantage can be overcome by FPGA?

yes... whereas, the FPGA it used parallel communication rather than serial communication which i reply on previous discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.