Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pendrive to pendrive transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

harsith

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i need some ideas on going about with this project...
I want to transfer the entire contents of one pen drive to another pen drive without the use of a PC, i have read about USB host controllers but still not clear with the idea... help required ???

its very difficult to get a controller with multiple USB host (it is available). And also the data transfer speed. You need a controller that support High Speed (not full speed), to transfer GBs of data.

Last edited:

use the famous Vinculum Host Controller!!!!!!! with the VF2F2 firmware... you can communicate two pendrives... the page

**broken link removed**

shows exactly a module for that task!!!!!!

i have reqarment of multiple pendrive or sdcord reader copy at same time from pc folder

use the famous Vinculum Host Controller!!!!!!! with the VF2F2 firmware... you can communicate two pendrives... the page

**broken link removed**

shows exactly a module for that task!!!!!!

I think he is not looking for a ready made solution(may be). Many ARM development boards already have multiple USB Host ports.

well the module on the page is a ready solution... but the VNC1L with the VF2F2 firmware is a controller with 2 usb hosts, capables of reading and writing FAT files in both ports... you need and extra microcontroller (like a PIC or AVR, one with an USART port) to 'control' the VNC1L to make wathever you need...

the module is just for reference and the lazy ones who need a pre-made solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.