Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Peizo electric buzzer drive circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

knikhil271083

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have bought a peizo electric buzzer PS1740P02E from TDK. Its freq is 4KHz.

I want to test this buzzer for its sound quality before placing it on the circuit board.

I connected a 1K resistor across it and gave it 3V and GND without using the transistor drive circuit as shown in the datasheet.

Recommended.JPG

buzzer.JPG

The problem is that, when I apply 3V to the circuit, I do not hear any sound from the buzzer.

Later, after going through the datasheet thoroughly, I found one line in 'precautions' as "Do not apply DC bias to the piezoelectric buzzer; otherwise insulation resistance may become low and affect the
performance."

Am i giving this DC bias to the buzzer due to which it is not working?

Do I need to use the buzzer drive circuit and give 4KHz waveforms to its input to hear the sound?

Regards
Nikhil

Thanks for the buzzer circuit.

I would like to know whether the second figure that I have posted should work or not.

no.

try this
79_1345004730.png

This circuit worked.
I generated 4KHz from a controller pin (@3.3V) and fed it to the transistor input.
Initially the buzzer sound was very low.
But when I removed the resistor across the buzzer, the sound intensity increased.

Can anybody tell me why. Datasheet says it is for charging/discharging of the peizo-electric buzzer.

As far as I know, the peizo electric element will generate pulses (sound pulses in this case) as long as it resonates at ots resonant frequency.

Any light on this matter will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back