Not open for further replies.

fizo741

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,
I’m doing a project with MLX90614 and I should start to write” C programming “ . At the first step , unfortunately I don’t understand pec calculation in application note because I don’t have the orginal message! The purpose of my project is to initiate this sensor. I write some of pseudo code example. An erasing of the eeprom address 0x0E( smbus address)
1. Send START bit
2. Send Slave Address (0x00* for example) + Rd\-Wr bit**
3. Send Command (0b001x_xxxx + 0b0000_1110 -> 0b0010_1110)
4. Send Low data 0x00
5. Send High data 0x00
6. Send PEC 0x6F

Can anyone help me? Its extremely emergency. I would appreciate.
regards

I cant belive !It means nobody dosent know?????!!!!!!!!!!
I really searched alot but i couldnt find any useful thing

The experience I have is not with mlx90614 but with mlx90615. But I think they should be quite similar.

Are you talking about coding for PEC calculation? For what reason do you need to know the PEC?

When I changed the adress of the MLX90615 that I am using I manually calculated the PEC by this website: http://smbus.org/faq/crc8Applet.htm.
Can't help with code for calculating PEC but maybe this information will help you?

yes.I should use pec because I want to read from RAM or EEPROM .
And its in the format of SMBus reading from EEPROM or RAM.
I couldnt open, **broken link removed** because I couldnt download java. I dont know why?!

You do not need to calculate the PEC when you are reading from the sensor, unless you are using it in a noisy area where you could get corrupt data.

As I said in the other thread you started, this should help: https://www.melexis.com/Assets/MLX906...-MCU-5229.aspx. Explains for both assembly and C-language.
If there is something more specific you have problem with please post code or schematics

Good luck!

Ok, does this link work for you? https://www.melexis.com/Assets/MLX90614-SMBus-implementation-in-PIC-MCU-5229.aspx

If not go to Melexis webpage and search for MLX90614, then click "applications". After that look for "MLX90614 SMBus implementation in PIC MCU" on the list of documents.

I think that you should read that document even though it is not the same processor as yours, I managed to "talk" with my MLX90615 sensors thanks to the information in that document.

Finally i could download from link.I had it actually.I use codes with small changes in codevision but when i debug to go to avrstudio4,I couldnt test my program because It stayed in 1 line and dont move.I dont know why because It wasnt in loop.

Simulate your code or test in the processor? Can you post the code? Dont know if I can help you but I can try =)

Status
Not open for further replies.