Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PD55003L-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahruz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
Can someone show me the process on how to convert an ADS transistor model to AWR?

This is the design file in ADS(PD55003L-E ADS model):
To AWR

Thanks,
Mahruz

There is generic SPICE netlist in zipped file. Import it into AWR.
Hi Big boss,

I tried to import the generic spice model into AWR using
Projects tab --> netlist(right click) --> import netlist
At this point, the file is not detected by my AWR software. I changed the file extension as well from PD55003LE_rev1_0.txt to PD55003LE_rev1_0.cir. But still no luck.

Please share your thoughts on what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Mahruz

I think the AWR spice format use a bit different sintax than ADS spice format, enaugh to not be recognized by the program. You may have to do some work, to make the format looks identical.
With the linear models (PD55003LE_S_parameter) things are simpler, because they are in a standard Touchstone format, used by both programs.

I agree with vfone. The supplied SPICE netlist is not compatible with AWR, and it should be modified .
Or better option is to request a valid model file or DK from ST.

I think the AWR spice format use a bit different sintax than ADS spice format, enaugh to not be recognized by the program. You may have to do some work, to make the format looks identical.
With the linear models (PD55003LE_S_parameter) things are simpler, because they are in a standard Touchstone format, used by both programs.
Hi Vfone and Big boss

I imported the S-Parameters; however, this also is not recognized by my AWR.
It does not have a .s2p extention. It is only a .txt file.
When I do import it after renaming the extension, I am unable to create a sub-circuit with that import.

Please advise.
Thanks,
Mahruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back