Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCIe based FMC card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedshan

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am using a third party FMC card , I am facing the problem with the detection of the board, It has two FPGAs, virtex-5 and virtex-5.
V5 is the one with PCIe IP and is responsible with the PCIe communication. V6 is for the implementation of our DSP algorithms etc. i.e. user customizable.

The problem is that the board is not detected at all, earlier it was working just fine but later it started to intermittently detected and undetected.
But now it is not at all detected any case... I have been in thorough conversation with the developers and tried every thing they said, they have been really
active in trying to resolve the problem, but it still persisted.

Unfortunately, last month we had to send the board back to manufacturer and they verify the things and said they tested on two PCs and it works fine(of course I believe them).
But as soon as I tried it on my computer, it responded unchanged...Now what is the minute problem (installation process etc. is ofcourse not a problem, since it stopped working
while it was doing perfectly well).
The case is we also have tried on 3 different PCs, and the problem persists. (I tried to re-install window as well, but the thing does not work).
There is no problem with the PCIe slot of the computer (pretty much sure) because:
(i) Because we tested on 3 computers (earlier)
(ii) on two computers we also run PCIe device from NI as well.

If any one of you has any idea about this please do help me.

Note: My current configuration is windows 7 (32 bit) with core i7 computer.
Any other details which any one might require I will surely give

Our Research Project is at complete halt for about 2 months since we cannot test and verify without the board.
Experts please suggest something.

Bests,
Shan

I would check with the manufacturer and find out exactly what kind of computer host OS they are using. I suspect your problem isn't with the PC hardware or the FMC it's probably a Windows 7 driver problem because the FMC probably needs to be in a Windows XP box for the driver to be compatible.

Regards,
-alan

Status
Not open for further replies.