Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI Prototyping Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliensafari

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pci prototype board

Hi,
i want to build a pci Prototyping board. My problem is to interface an ATmel AVR or so to the PCI-Bus. I want to read in 8 Bits like an I/o Card. The system must be very cheap (Any mini-PLD). Anybody some ideas to do that?
Thanks
Alien

avr pci

go to h**p://elm-chan.org/works/pci/report_e.html

pci protoboard

Hi jochez,

thanks for your link. That's very good, but what about the Konfiguration and PnP?? Is there any chance to implement it into a 2064 PLD?
Has anybody interrest to do that. I think i build PCI Card with this PLD and try it....

Thanks
Marco

pci avr

The 2064 is proberly to small for a hole PCI implementation. Check this link out!!!

h**p://gtmkorea.co.kr/DATABOOK/PDF/AN8038.PDF

build pci card

Aliensafari said:
Hi,
i want to build a pci Prototyping board. My problem is to interface an ATmel AVR or so to the PCI-Bus. I want to read in 8 Bits like an I/o Card. The system must be very cheap (Any mini-PLD). Anybody some ideas to do that?
Thanks
Alien

hi,
take a closer look at the P$B461o (P|TA2) from |nfineon - a real nice AS|C that might fullfill your requirement :D
$ = S
o = 0
Hope it helps,

Maddin

pci prototyping card

if u ask i shure that elektor electronics had some info on pci some one will have the data and pos the files to help u

pci prototyping

The easy way is implemintation you PCI gate with PLX-9050.
You could not write special driver, using standart one.
I think that, it's not easy task, writing driver.

pci proto board

check out PCI plug and play development boards for Xi*li*nx SP*ARTAN FP*GAs. (try google)

building a pci card

Hi,

The PCI bus specifiction requires appropriate electrical signals for interface logic. If you want to interface some chip to PCI bus you must use only PCI compliance chips!!!

One solution is to use commercial ASIC PCI bridge. Another is to implement PCI interface with PCI compliance programmable logic chip. For additional information about PCI interfaces look at PLD vendors site. (Some of PLD vendors are forbidden on this forum).

If you don't need high transfer data rate use serial or parallel port, ISA or USB bus.

Regards

build a pci card

check the www.plxtech.com and its PCI9052 chips .
They present a RDK LITE(a kit,hardware cd,software cd) .
and they are compatible with PCI standard.

pci elektor 2001

The signaling levels are important, but I have gotten successful results from some CPLD's with very simple I/O state machines for very inexpensive PCI accessing. Take a look at the @ltera 7K family or something from L@ttice's 5K family. It shouldn't be too difficult to develop a very simple I/O read/write state machine.

pci to avr

i agree with gertoth, writing driver is not simple task.

Big-woodster:
how do you access your board? Do you need to write a driver for that?

Building an ISA card is far easier (if you don't need high data bandwidth for the communication with AVR).... but ISA is dying out... :(

pci prototyping cards

Hi

Have a look at h**p://w*w.jungo.com/

Their product (Windriver/Kerneldriver) include libraries for a lot of known chips like plx, altera etc.

You can download a trial version from their site and more if you try a seach through this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.