Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI Express Interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebas

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Sorry if I'm posting a little bit out of topic here but I'm kinda confused. I read about the PCIe protocol, I read the Xilinx documentation about their PCIe EP and I have a quesstion: I understand that the CPU, through the RC, controls the transfer (issuing a read or write command) but how does the processor know when to issue the read command? I mean if I have a memory, on the EP side, that is updated every lets say 3 sec with new data how do I read the new data: does the software on the CPU side have to make read requests every 3 sec or does the EP signal an interrupt every time new data is available, or...?

Thanks,
Sebastian

I don't know exactly about xilinx pcie endpoint, but I suppose there is data_ready signal?

Ok, data ready signal, but that's on the EP user interface side. The RC receives only TLPs so my question was if there's a specific TLP that signals that to him, is it DTLP that doesn't concern me, do I have to signal an interrupt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back