Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

av24

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone explain about where PCI-e is used and suggest any project that is involved with pci-e?

Solution
Use your favorite search engine and then utilize some time in self reading. It makes little sense for us to search out such straightforward stuff and copy paste them here.
Use your favorite search engine and then utilize some time in self reading. It makes little sense for us to search out such straightforward stuff and copy paste them here.

Solution
I purchased a PCI-e wifi card (via Ebay) for my Compaq laptop computer. I had to check measurements and slot positions, and compare photographs of the 56k modem card already installed. This made me realize it was a PCI-e card. Also that it isn't the same as a PCI card.

Previously I purchased a PCI wifi card for my PowerMac. It's a larger size, with a large mounting bracket.

PCI-e is small enough to fit in a laptop.

suggest any project that is involved with pci-e?

I did not answer this Q. Well in principle a PCIe interface can be used anywhere where high volume of data needs to be moved at high speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.