Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Stitching vias clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikash23

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to know the difference between stitching a via by aligned and staggered on mentor graphics PCB design. Which method is the best one.

Could you please also let me know the best way is to flood over the via or not ?

What is the need of using a thermal spokes for via ?

Answering the last question first, there is no need for thermal reliefs for a via, unless you intend to fill it with solder. The thermals make soldering easier as heat is not drawn away as quickly from the point were you want the solder to melt. But I'm not sure that thermals are an absolute necessity; that's probably a good question for your PCB vendor.

I'm not sure there is much, if any difference between the staggered and aligned vias. Also, filling the vias or not won't make a BIG difference, but solder obviously conducts better than air. If you need to get the absolute best conductivity, then fill your vias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back