Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb shorting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhagavanec67

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one,

I am currently facing a shorting problem with small two layer pcb. The pcb has pic dsp 33 version controlloer, temperature sensor, and two opamps. we r supplying 18-36 V from which we taking 3.3 and 2.5V using regultors.

My problem is PCB is very compact one and components placing is very complicated. We facing shorting problem particularly with 3.3V when I arducm introducing crystal on PCB. So I require a suggestions to resolve it.

Thanks you all

Is the problem is getting repeated for all the boards??

Reactions: Dont

Dont

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes but every time its not due to crystal some times it shorted placing controller. I checked each and every pin on pcb but no sorting pins.

Is the component assembly is getting carried out by Machine soldering?

Dont

Then it is during assembly only. So ask them to concentrate keenly while doing assembly and do visual inspection once after the assembly. It is due to the fine pitch of controller as you said. I don't think they are experts in soldering. Generally experts won't do this kind of mistakable soldering.

Dont

It's hard to identify your problem without knowing the package of the PIC you're using, the footprint of the crystal etc. A starting point would be to check if there is sufficient solder mask between the pins of your parts, which greatly reduces shorts between adjacent pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back