Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB printout scalling problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaheers

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
actually i am going to make pickit2's PCB, i try several times to printout, but their is always a problem with scaling, that, pcb print is always little bit smaller then the orignal one, that i can not place a IC in it, as their is many schematic diagrams are available i try 2 of them, but the result is same, as i have not my own printer, i print out from eagle as PDF and then printout from it, any body have idea how to fix that problem?

Make sure that when you print the pdf you DON'T select the "fit to printer margins" selected in the print scaling dialog. Select NONE.

If that is OK, when printing from Eagle you can scale it by changing the x & y CALIBRATE values in the print dialog.

Keith

you're right keith, also shaheers, make sure you export/save the pdf in the exact same size of paper you are printing in. pre printing scaling options may be checked off as keith said..

My opinion and advice is to export from Eagle as image (eagle gives png file) at 300dpi (monochrome).

Then png open in Adobe Photoshop make invert image, some makeup if needed and print, after save as jpg.

Always use Adobe Photoshop for printing.

Of course try several combinations, best procedure is that which give good results with less work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back