Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Photoresist Searching in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all
I need a better quality toner transfer paper. Anybody has idea to direct me to find the shop? I am in Tamilnadu

i can give you few sheets of A4 size pulsar Fxpro sheets
they are pretty costly. Rs140 a sheet.

Otherwise there are ebay yellow or white papers you can buy them on www.ebay.com

**broken link removed**

at 50lot , it is not costly. and i use them too.

hope this information serves you.

Otherwise there are ebay yellow or white papers you can buy them on www.ebay.com
**broken link removed**
Materials bought on Ebay are a good for low cost PCBs, at least if you don't expect the same 8/8 resolution that is achievable with presensitized boards.

The easiest way is to buy presensitized boards (like those manufactured by Bungard and others), there are tons of resellers on Ebay and AliExpress so anyone can buy them. They ship worldwide.

I make boards using the process described in this article: https://www.ijeir.org/administrator...arch/files/publications/IJEIR-454 Final N.pdf
Exposing presensitized boards under UV, developing in sodium hydroxide and etching in iron perchloride.

They are costlier. but for lucky few, many can't afford .
the process is equally cumbersome.
same effect can be possible buying negative sensitized photo resist film
recently i had bought 30cm*5m roll at less than 10$
it serves

they recommend laminator. Some advise
place a false paper and use iron with lower temperature the material can be transferred
later the photo process is same as pre coated pcbs.

Hi, Mvs sarma
I have been looking in this negative sensitized photo resist film on aliexpress.
Where do you get this film in India?
Can you explain the whole process of this method ?

Last edited:

thanks for the video...
How much time did it take to deliver here (if you did the free shipping)?

In that video, How did he get the printed circuit on the film after laminating it. Was it a different film which he printed at the start ?

thanks for the video...
How much time did it take to deliver here (if you did the free shipping)?

In that video, How did he get the printed circuit on the film after laminating it. Was it a different film which he printed at the start ?
They laser print two copies on transparency, then couple them together to get darker black.
Likewise, for double sided pcb, on second side also double film.

the photo resist transfer film would have a guard foil on the active layer. generally the film is rolled with active foil inwards
. thus as you use even a cut film, the concave side is active. he uses cellophane tape stuck on active side guard foil, slowly works out to peel it off without touching the real active area.
the photo resist after exposure and develop in first solution (get the name from video) then the exposed areas are stuck to copper clad and balance could be washed out by developer.
if i understood your doubt, i might have answered.
Otherwise, LoL, more confusion.

They are costlier. but for lucky few, many can't afford .
the process is equally cumbersome.
Manufacturing PCBs is unfortunately not cheap. I can recommend you to check out your local fabab for assistance. Many fablabs have equipment for PCB prototyping (including etch tanks, exposure unit etc) and they buy the required materials in far larger quanties at cheaper prices. If you're a student or below 18, many fablabs also give you a discount.

Manufacturing PCBs is unfortunately not cheap. I can recommend you to check out your local fabab for assistance. Many fablabs have equipment for PCB prototyping (including etch tanks, exposure unit etc) and they buy the required materials in far larger quanties at cheaper prices. If you're a student or below 18, many fablabs also give you a discount.

Thanks ArticCynda,
I am eternally a student , YES. I am just 50+18+1. A retired telecom engineer. Comfortably I do etching at home, with no issues. for my little larger needs i have some fab guys whom i know and they do my work.
thanks for the suggestion. and best of 2015

hi mvs sarma,
https://youtu.be/cRCFGZxmob0?t=4m24s
this video starts from where my confusion starts :p
I don't understand how did he get the toner part on the film (where the video starts)
Is it something like (in the order of sandwich)
[glass-pcb(copper clad)- photoresist film- (any printed film)-glass] ?
I hope this doubt is clearer ?

And how much time did it take to reach at your place from Aliexpress. I have order one and waiting ;-)

hi mvs sarma,
https://youtu.be/cRCFGZxmob0?t=4m24s
this video starts from where my confusion starts :p
I don't understand how did he get the toner part on the film (where the video starts)
Is it something like (in the order of sandwich)
[glass-pcb(copper clad)- photoresist film- (any printed film)-glass] ?
I hope this doubt is clearer ?

And how much time did it take to reach at your place from Aliexpress. I have order one and waiting ;-)

1. he got twobtransperencies printed on lase , aligned them for darkenss.
he place the sensitive paper laminated

then he place the twins on the laminated copper clad then packed them between two glasses and held them by tape seen at bottom to reduce air and bubbles that leak uv light to damage the exposure.

Finally
Yes
bottom most is glass sheet
second is pre-laminated (with photo-resist coated paper) copper clad.
third
two overlapped (same) prints of artwork negative
then finally upper glass to keep them tight

Thanks for all. I seen that the yellow colour art sheet is showing better performance than white one. I able to do minimum of 0.2mm. Track to track space 0.2mm. I am interested about the name of the sheet.

Thanks for all. I seen that the yellow colour art sheet is showing better performance than white one. I able to do minimum of 0.2mm. Track to track space 0.2mm. I am interested about the name of the sheet.
A4 Sheets Heat Toner Transfer Paper For DIY PCB Electronic Prototype Mak

**broken link removed**

I can offer few sheets as I have around 50 from the above link. i may ask for Rs11/- per sheet plus Rs50 for packing and speed post. i shall roll them as ebay used to do and post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back