Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB layout design HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadolphine2000

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a project schematic and I want to make it's PCB, I tried much but I failed to do it.

Could anyone help me in this by making me the layout design.????

I will really appreciate your help.
Here you are the schematic.
1- The board size is 10cm X 3cm.
2- Please make the board one layer only.
3- The board should be like the one in pic-pg2b.gif

Thanks again and hope not to be rude

Which software are you using to do the Layout. If you need to do only this board, do it in Protel or eagle. Those software are very easy to use and they can automatically do the layout for you.

Hi,
I think you could easily do the PCB layout using Protel or orCAD. I recommend using Protel, it is much easier.

Regards

If you want to do more PCB designs I would suggest download Eagle and get used to it, because Protel is really expensive and the trial version just lasts 30 days. Eagle has everything available in the free version except that the board size is limited to a certain size, but that is big enough for most circuits, and u can always make multiple boards.
Protel although is definitely better. And has a lot of features and is also easier to learn. But still if it takes 3-4 days to learn Protel, it will take you 1 week to learn Eagle.

Thanks for your consideration, I have "Express PCB" & "OrCAD 9.1".

The problem isn't in the software, but it's in doing the design itself. I can't make the layout without making copper traces interfere with each other(making short circuit).

The rude thing is that I asked that if someone could make the layout design for me and send it back.

I'm really very sorry for that. Thanks :oops:

Well it would be a nice exercise for yourself to learn it for yourself. Why don't you try to use the autorouter. Make the copper lines thinner so that u have more space for routing. Make them thinner than the minimum pitch in the circuit. It would be better if their width plus the clearance to adjacent pins on both sides is equal to the minimum pitch in the circuit.

Well that a small schematic, I dont think there should be any trouble in routing. You can try autorouter either.

if you have software of this programmer plz upload it.

Added after 58 minutes:

THIS IS SCHEMATIC WITH ORCAD9.2.
NEXT PCB UPLOADED.

You can use ICprog and here you are.

Thanks for the file but I would appreciate the routing or the traces of this schematic. If you could make for me the pcb routing please sned it.

This is the best I can do, here you are the pictures of my design, I know that there are thousands of mistakes.
It's dimensions are (6.5cmX4.0cm)

Please if you can improve it, tell me.

Hi,..

Please, someone tell me whether I could use this design and print it on a PCB, or I should improve it.

It is not the nicest design I have ever seen, but electrically wshould do the job.
There are a couple of small things hat you can change. For example track between D6 and D4: connect D6 to the track that is passing just nearby.
Next thing is track going between B and E of Q2. Move it between B and C: this will be much shorter route.
Also, if you can don't use angles smaller then 90°. These sharp angles don't look good..
Regards,
IanP

it's not difficult, you can have a try by yourself.

best regards

seadolphine2000 said:
I have a project schematic and I want to make it's PCB, I tried much but I failed to do it.

Could anyone help me in this by making me the layout design.????

I will really appreciate your help.
Here you are the schematic.
1- The board size is 10cm X 3cm.
2- Please make the board one layer only.
3- The board should be like the one in pic-pg2b.gif

Thanks again and hope not to be rude

Status
Not open for further replies.