Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Layers for manufacturing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eem2am

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

What PCB layers do you need for :-

1. Wave soldered PCBs?

2. Reflow soldered boards?

3. Hand soldered boards?

4. Boards which get both wave and reflow soldered.

I don't understand the question. A wave soldered and a reflow soldered PCB could have different pads for the surface mount components, but the layer definitions don't change.

Keith

ok thanks, but i mean , if we know it is a wave soldered PCB, then do i have to avoid including the paste mask?

wave soldering also reqiures paste layers for SMD.

In my opinion, you should be able to answer the question yourself. If an external assembly service provider is involved, you should ask him anyway about his requirements.

Generally, solder paste stencils are used for each side, that's intended for reflow solder. Wave solder of SMD parts most likely needs adhesive printing stencils, also two sided SMD may require large parts to be additionally fixed.

You might consider supplying paste mask for both sides regardless of what you "think" the vendor might want. this gives the vendor the ability to use whichever method of soldering that will suit your design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back