Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB ...in pdf format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdalla

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb from pdf

Hi,

i want to take PCB in pdf format to be in Bmp format ...i tried many times (screenshot..etc) but the scale was damaged ?

thx

use save as jpg option of acrobat proffesional then using MSpaint save that jpg as bmp

ehsanelahimirza said:
use save as jpg option of acrobat proffesional then using MSpaint save that jpg as bmp

Thx
Is there any other solution cause i don't have acrobat proffesional :(

You can install the free Ghostscript and Ghostview programs. After you open the PDF in Ghostview, you can export as any kind of bitmap format (BMP,GIF,TIFF,PNG,...), and even choose the dots per inch resolution to match that of your printout (to preserve scale)
I would recommend to avoid lossy formats like JPG.
You also may need to install the auxiliary "pstoedit" program.
**broken link removed**

beware of scaling..

I once had a problem with pcb in pdf format

Most useful format is pdf. take care while converting

Nandhu

I think, if the actual size of PCB can be seen on your screen, you can use simply Print Screen key on your keyboard and save the result in Bitmap format using MSpaint.

Use "PdfFactory". Tested in Orcad. Work fine.
**broken link removed**

FREE! Convert to PDF from any application by simply 'printing' to the PrimoPDF® printer - it couldn't be easier! Within minutes, you can create high-quality PDFs by converting from Word, Excel, and virtually any other printable file type.

* Completely FREE PDF Converter - not just a trial version.
* Print to PDF from virtually any Windows® application.
* Create PDF output optmized for print, screen, ebook, or prepress.
* No annoying pop-up ads, no registration requirement - no catch!
* High-quality, easy to use PDF creator for all users.
* New! Ability to merge PDF files upon conversion.
* New! Now supports Windows Vista.

https://www.primopdf.com/

Another feature of Acrobat Pro -- if the images in the PDF are bitmapped, then you can click "export all images" and choose a lossless format such as TIFF or PNG. The output files will usually be pixel-perfect, without any resizing or resampling.

Status
Not open for further replies.