Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB freeware that allows to design schematic and import the netlist for track routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am looking for a free ware that allows me to construct the schematic and import the netlist to PCB layout for track routing, I don't need more than 2 layers. However, I would like to be able to assign/change the pin number to customise an opamp in case they do not have the particular op amp in their library. Does anyone know of a freeware that can do this or any program that has this feature? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: PCB freeware??

Hi,
Yes, I have that program and am still using it but it does not do what I need to do eg. create schematic and trasfer the netlist for PCB routing. Also, the program is unstable on 98 things go funny after 40mins -1 hour of use eg. part of the circuit not displaying properly etc.... therefore you need to save regularly in case it does crash.

I don´t speak english as my main language so I don´t understand your question very well. What functionality do you need? For example... what else do you need that expresspcb don´t have?

Thanks a lot for the link and suggestion, I have not yet tried this program but will do to see if it does what I need.

Just to clarify again about the function I am looking for, I have some op amps which are custom made from Toshiba for car stereos and I am looking to use these in my circuit. Since these op amps are not standard ones, I was afraid that I can not find them in the part library of the program to draw the schematic so I would need to specify the pins on the op amp to match the op amp I have. I will check out the program to see if it allows me to customise an op amp and specify its pins, thanks again guys!

look on:

Varuzhan

Folks,

Since you have mentioned the ExpressPCB, I'll add that there is an unofficial support group for it. The main goal is to share the custom schematic and PCB components and PCB design tips.

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/expresspcb

Sincerely,
Nick

Learner said:
Hi,
I am looking for a free ware that allows me to construct the schematic and import the netlist to PCB layout for track routing

FreePCB http://www.freepcb.com/ for Windows, GNU license

Also Altium gives away Protel for DOS for free, have a look to their web site at downloads section

PCB freeware??

If ur pin count is less than 100. u can use an of the eval EDA tools to do ur job.
other wise try some lowend tools

did you try pcb123, it is a very user friendly program which can do what you want easily.

PCB freeware??

Cadstar express has a 300 pin or 50 component pin count & is fully featured otherwise, including the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back