Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB for a custom power bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebravo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

For a project I need to build a custom 5000mAh power bank with 2 USB (1A) ports and a microusb, 4 leds to indicate the battery level. I will need to make a small batch of these (100-200 units), hopefully without wasting too much money on it.

I have these options:

- buying a batch of powerbanks, taking them apart, and putting the pcb+battery in my custom casing.
(which I want to avoid)

- buying the pcb that already has 2 usb ports, 1 charging port, and 4 leds, and the battery separately and putting them together in my custom case
(sounds good)

- creating a new pcb for it
(which I want to avoid)

- any other ideas are welcome :)

I'd like to keep the cost under 10$ for the circuit board and battery if possible (if impossible, as close to that as possible).

I saw some power bank pcb/ic boards online for 1$, but all from unreliable sources, do you have any idea where I can buy quality circuits of this kind? maybe without the usb ports soldered on so I can place them in my case where I want them to be and just solder a small cable from the usb ports to the board?

Same thing goes for the battery, do you have any good sources of batteries?

Thanks a lot!

- buying the pcb that already has 2 usb ports, 1 charging port, and 4 leds, and the battery separately and putting them together in my custom case

I think it is the best choice for you ,
I had a power bank with damaged charger-discharger circuit , I fixed that with a Li-ion battery charger and two DC_DC converter with USB out put , total price about 4$
designing and prototyping PCB for that is much interesting but need more time and budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back