Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Editor getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2ee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!

I am using Capture and PCB Editor. The schematic capture part of things is a snap for me but the PCB Editor seems a bit overwhelming to get started. The tutorials in the help section don't take me through the entire process of generating a board ready to be sent out to a board house. But instead every single button is defined and explain in detail.

What is the best way to take my .DSN file and get up and going with a layout? Any good tutorials or papers out there?

Thanks.

-Henk

Which tool r u using, is it Allegro.........

there are lots of pdfs on the net.
i am learning too.
i read already an intro (100pages) a 2 chapter -training-book (400+300pages), then the same amount for the high-speed digital design/simulations is needed to read. (if you need to know about simulations)
and there are also lots af application notes about little details in design or in simulation.
some available books (pdfs) are for allegro 14.2 but usable for 15x-16x if you dont have another.

i estimate the full learning process to be 2 months (it was 1-2 weeks for Altium)

http://statistics.roma2.infn.it/~sabene/CADENCE MANUALS/
http://www.cdnusers.org/Articles/Siliconpackageboard/tabid/118/Default.aspx

the book is from a file sharing network, no link here.

you could google tutorials by cadence.

mike2ee said:
Hello everyone!

I am using Capture and PCB Editor. The schematic capture part of things is a snap for me but the PCB Editor seems a bit overwhelming to get started. The tutorials in the help section don't take me through the entire process of generating a board ready to be sent out to a board house. But instead every single button is defined and explain in detail.

What is the best way to take my .DSN file and get up and going with a layout? Any good tutorials or papers out there?

Thanks.

-Henk

I am using OrCAD PCB Editor 15.7. Is this Allegro? What version of Allegro?

Thanks!

-Henk

How can I learn to use Allegro 16.0 without having to pay $2,000 for a class! Thanks!

mike2ee said:
I am using OrCAD PCB Editor 15.7. Is this Allegro? What version of Allegro?

Thanks!

-Henk

Orcad PCB Editor is not Allegro. Allegro is the Cadence high-end (expensive) board layout software. It has replaced Orcad Layout which has been discontinued by Cadence.

"How can I learn to use Allegro 16.0 without having to pay $2,000 for a class! Thanks! "

read those 2000 pages (only if you want to use all features. if not, then 800p) of manuals and appnotes, have a copy of the software. try everything from the manuals in the software, step-by step in parallel of reading. design a not too simple and not too difficoult PCB at the end.
spend all of your free time on it for 1-3 months.

"How can I learn to use Allegro 16.0 without having to pay $2,000 for a class! Thanks! "

read those 2000 pages (only if you want to use all features. if not, then 800p) of manuals and appnotes, have a copy of the software. try everything from the manuals in the software, step-by step in parallel of reading. design a not too simple and not too difficoult PCB at the end.
spend all of your free time on it for 1-3 months.

hai, where can i find the 2000 pages manual?
i am using the 16.3 but it really bumping my head now. any manual or link for me to learn it from beginning?

the manuals come with the installed software. find them in the install dir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back