Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb/breadboard input output wiring methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftbrady

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
First time poster and doing my first board project.
I've chosen to breadboard the project, but that may have been a beginner mistake.
None of the parts have arrived yet and I've already hit a snag.
The project goal is to mount 12 DPDT relays (through mount style) on a board.
There are a total of 35 wires I need to attach to the board.
I'll leave out the functional description, because I first need to address my first problem - which is how to connect so many wires to a board. I would like to connect all of the wires with banana jacks on the wires and banana plugs on the board. What I've been surfing the internet for is some sort of strip that has pins on one side to connect it to the board and banana plugs on the opposite end of the pins to receive the wires. I would hope to implement the connections in such a way as to place the input wires at closest proximity to the relays with which they are associated. 26 of the 35 wires are in 13 two-wire 300 ohm RF transmission cables. These 13 two-wire cables are encased in plastic that maintains a separation of 8MM between the two conductors. I plan to maintain that spacing in the on board wiring where ever possible.
I hope I've made sense - I almost always provide too little or too much information on the other forums I've used.
thank you
ftbrady

ftbrady said:
I've been surfing the internet for is some sort of strip that has pins on one side to connect it to the board and banana plugs on the opposite end of the pins to receive the wires.
You could buy separate banana plugs and jacks and mount them onto a hand-made strips.

- Nick

P.S. A drawing of a planned breadboard could, and a simple statement about it's functionality (e.g. RF, audio, power, motor control, etc) would help here.

Nick,
Thanks for your response.
I have decided since my query that PCB isn't a good mounting surface for my project. The "circuit" consists only of 6 relays which switch 400w to 1000w RF transmission lines. The wiring is much easier using socketed relays.
I appreciate your suggestions though.
best regards
ftbrady

Status
Not open for further replies.