Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Anttena for 2.4 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudjung

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ifa design curves for

Hello All,

I'm looking for any reference materials on how to create the 2.4 Ghz anttena on the PCB. I want to use the Cypress wireless usb chip and would like to design the attena for it directly to the PCB but I have no RF expereince.

Thanks in advance.

KJ

design curves for an inverted f antenna

Inverted-F on FR4 material will be ok. I saw most devices have that kind of antenna. If you have a bery very limited board space, you may consider chip antennas.it looks a a big capcitor. you can just solder to the board.

Hi kj,

what you need is a planar antenna (If you don't want to use a double sided board. Lot of literature if you look in google for planar antenna or there is a well known professor in this field K L Wong. You can use his design as reference and personal use. :) However, is all patented so stay well clear :p.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Element7k

kudjung said:
Hello All,

I'm looking for any reference materials on how to create the 2.4 Ghz anttena on the PCB. I want to use the Cypress wireless usb chip and would like to design the attena for it directly to the PCB but I have no RF expereince.

Thanks in advance.

KJ

Design curves for an Inverted F Antenna (IFA) can be seen at the following

**broken link removed**

- Hope this helps...

PCB Anttena for 2.4 GHz is much cheaper,do you think it's necessary for you to design?

Hi Northguy,

Any Idea on how low is the cost. Could you help with the link to some of the manufacturer that provide this?

Thanks a lot,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back