Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc to pic32 using USB interface with matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

gupta2000

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all...i am trying to interface microchip pic 32 usb starter kit pc using matlab....i am finding difficult how to identify the port that was connected to PC and to write the matlab code for the interface...if anyone have information please post the reply

Have a look at this link:-
https://sites.google.com/site/coole...l-list/usb-based-temperature-monitoring-syste

Open device manager, by right clicking computer then manage then Device Manager and then under Port See the USB Serial Port number

Now use matlab with that port number to send and receive data.
You are using CDC Class of USB

i had tried that, but i didnt see any changes in the device manager (USB controllers) when i connect and disconnect the microchip board....i had installed microchip software in my pc and when i try to work with the board using c program, it was working........do i need to install any other drivers on my pc??

- - - Updated - - -

even in the ports i dont see any USB connection

Do you know programming
means are you expert or have some knowledge of 8 bit pic

what i am guessing is that you have not programmed your controller with the appropriate code thats wjy this happens.
if you are new try basic programming then go to usb

no i am not new...i did programming before....but i dont have a clear idea about the work i am doing now....

- - - Updated - - -

ok then can you suggest me how to learn programming USB connection??

Hello gupta,

you could use AHid.dll to interface Matlab - http://www.embedded24.net
AHid.dll implements an USB HID interface on Host side.

Best regards Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back