Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc to pc communication via USB port

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimisha

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pc to pc communication

I urgently need some programmin tips for pc to pc communication using USB ports in C or C++. Pls help me... thanks in advance

You cannot communicate 2 PCs using USBs directly. USB works in kind of master slave mode. However, there are some USB cables that have a circuit in the middle. Both PCs see this circuit as a USB slave and can thus communicate with each other.

The best option is to get a pair of ethernet interfaces that plug into USB sockets and a crossover cable.

i agree with throwaway18

even if you design this circuit, you will have to make your ow interface protocol similar to ethernet anyway
keep in mind how much programming that would be
i suppose you want it as a driver, so if thats the case youd need to get your hands on windows ddk (winxp sp1 edition is free, but you have to pay $15 for shipping)
in the end its more worth it using a virtual ethernet port over usb (which there is software for out there somewhere) and purchase a the cable for it

there is a circuit in the market to communicates 2 pcs via USB port. search for it. it's available here in egypt

shafee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back