Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC Remote Power Control using Cellphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_risk_master

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi EDA guys,

I have a problem here, Im a working student in my country. I have to access my PC from my home while in my work. I want to access the files from my PC. How will I turn the power on for my PC and connect through the internet automatically so I can access my files while away from home using my old cellphone. (Im using a Nokia 2100 phone) Any suggestion, help or links to this?

Thanks in advance!

What does say this ACPI standard (**broken link removed**) for modem on page 562 :

"For any type of modem device, wake events (if supported and enabled) are only generated in response to
detected “ringing” from an incoming call. All other events associated with modems (V.8bis messages, and
so on) require that the PC be in the “working” state to capture them. "

For rs232 there was dedicated ring detection signal pin. You have to research if event is related to that signal or to byte reception from mobile .

Hi,

Check this out:

**broken link removed**

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for reply, but Riccibitti's work is for Ericsson Fone. Will it be applicable to Nokia 2100 model fones, because I have no time to experiment for Riccibitti's works.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back