Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC Power supply PS_on Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

makri

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ps_on

In my ATX smps when I short the pins PS-ON and ground it will ON but it became off after removing the short, CAn I permenetly short the PS-ON with ground.

makri

ps_on#

It’s not clear what you mean; can you make a drawing and post it?

can i put the ps_on permanently to ground

AFAIK This is controlled by the PC motherboard, maybe you have a problem with the motherboard.

Can you try another PSU or this PSU in another motherboard?

problems with 5v ps_on

makri said:
In my ATX smps when I short the pins PS-ON and ground it will ON but it became off after removing the short, CAn I permenetly short the PS-ON with ground.

makri

hi
well, if u are using ur ATX smps as a stand alone power supply , the answer is yes .. u have to keep shorting pins PS-ON and GND to keep this power Working , but u have to have a load on the 5V line to prevent power supply destruction .
good luck

power supply ps_on

Shorting the Green wire to any Black will suffice if you just want to keep the system going despite other problems.

Perhaps a latching switch so that you can turn the PC off when needed.

To test the output voltages of an ATX PSU I usually just hook it up to an old HDD to provide a load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back