Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC parallel port programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolchip

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have to write a code in windows which will continously read data from parallel port and Simultaneously write data back as well (on different pins of the port).
Is this possible in vb 6 ? I heard vb 6 doesn't support multitasking.
if that is the case which would be a better choice ? VC++ or VB.NET ?

How to write code which will constantly monitor the changing values in real time ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks m8.That would surely be handy.
Does anybody have the full version of TVicHW32 ?

Regards

Hi, Auther, do you have any experience about how to access JTAG via parallel?

thx!

You can write a callback for the multimedia timers service of windows in VC and by the use of a driver such portalk you can monitor the parallele port an handle it during the interrupt.
I wrote a software for data acquisition in this way.

Lollo

Try using PortTalk which you can get from
h*tp://www.beyondlogic.org/

coolchip said:
Hi,
I have to write a code in windows which will continously read data from parallel port and Simultaneously write data back as well (on different pins of the port).
Is this possible in vb 6 ? I heard vb 6 doesn't support multitasking.
if that is the case which would be a better choice ? VC++ or VB.NET ?

How to write code which will constantly monitor the changing values in real time ?

Thanks in advance

:lol:
I did a program that send bits to the parallel port... and graphically show the pin that have 1 and 0, if you send 5v (a bit 1) to any pin you will to see on screen.

I attach the program if you need the source code, reply this mail and i send the source code. Is in Visual Basic.

Bye christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back