Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC out of scope problem in mikroC PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola010

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making some code, where i read some files from SD card and analyse it. After some programming when i start debugger it says PC out of scope. When i delete for loop in line 480 it work well, but obviously i need it there. In attachment is whole project. What is the reason this error pops out? I didn't full the ROM or RAM memory, and i didn't make too many return routine.

View attachment Master.rar

The problem specification is somehow scarcely. You would want to mention the involved processor and debugger tool.

I presume you are performing source level debugging. So "out of scope" can happen if code execution stops in a code part without debug information and available source code. The usual solution is to inspect the actual PC and the code at this location.
Common cases are:
- processor performed an unintended reset and debugger stops at PC = 0. Reset cause register can tell you more.
- debugger stopped in an exception handling routine (for those processors that have it, e.g. PIC32)
- regular code outside the debugger scope, e.g. a compiler built-in function or library without source, or source not linked to the project. A disassembly or low level ROM view can show the actual code.

Thanks for answering,
I was using mikroC 6.0 and after i got this error, i upgraded it to 6.5 but still nothing. Error code was 0x0010C0 if that mean anything to You. I still didn't test it on real hardware, i just run it in mikroC and proteus. Should this program work in real hardware, because building project doesn't give any error?

Perhaps it wants a short filename version for the folder or needs "Quotes"

warning: 0 1501 Specified search path does not exist: 'F:\mikroC PRO for PIC\defs'
warning: 0 1501 Specified search path does not exist: 'F:\mikroC PRO for PIC\uses\P18'
warning: 0 1501 Specified search path does not exist: 'F:\MikroC\mikroC PRO for PIC\defs'
warning: 0 1501 Specified search path does not exist: 'F:\MikroC\mikroC PRO for PIC\uses\P18'

I don't get that message, but anyways what should i do? Change name of what file?

I managed paths but still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back