Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC Monitor Not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameo_2007

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

My PC monitor doesnt turn on at all.No matter whther the CPU is connected or not.I could hear teh relay switching sound inside,and the front green LED keeps flickering.but no display comes.
Any clues on this problem.?

Regards

I faced similar problem earlier. First disconnect the monitor from the CPU. If 'No signal' message comes on the monitor, your monitor is probably OK. The next suspect is RAM. Probably the RAM is loose in the slot. Open the RAM and clean the connections. Connect to the slot once again tightly and properly. Probably this will work. If still does not, the RAM may have damaged. Consult your assembler for help.

Other than RAM, there could be possiblilty of VGA (Graphic) Card faulty. If you have some other PCB try to connect it with this monitor or another monitor if available connect it with your PC.

I faced the same problem it was due to faulty RAM, I suggest you to swap the RAMs to different slot or test them one-by-one.

Hope this helps :)

You can know if the problem is the PC hearing those beeps when you turn on your PC. Please hear carefull and see this site:
Code:
http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
. Also you can connect your monitor to someone else PC's to see if the problem is the monitor.

One problem that people never takes care is the cable, you can open (WITH CARE, PLEASE!!) your monitor to check if the cable is ok, look at the point where the cable is soldered and verify there is no broken solders, use a tester to look for open wires between the monitor connector and the monitor board.

I hope you can understand my terrific english.

Status
Not open for further replies.