Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC - Digital oscilloscope, HW and SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
digital oscilloscope usb schematic make

I will have the possiblity to CAD a PCB in school and get it made at a factory.
We will learn CADing PCB. Thats what it's all about and I would like to take the chance and make me a PC-DSO.

I have looked at Bitscope and it looks great but I can't find the software for the PIC or the PLD. Do someone here have it?
Else I have to choose an other PC-DSO to build. Any suggestions in that case?

**broken link removed** looks great but I can't get the PC software working.

I know some VHDL, PIC-C and PIC-ASM and maybe I could make my own program for the Bitscope if I just know how it all work.

What I need is schematics and binaries for a complete PC-DSO with good PC software.

Last edited by a moderator:

flashy digital oscilloscope

Hi,

There is a good design for a PC based DSO along with good documentation at the following link

**broken link removed**

Pankaj

cy7c68013

Good project but it's only a low freq. oscilloscope. Bitscope gan sample freq. up to 100 MHz what I understand. It has a samplerate at 40 MS/s.
PIC16F877 can only sample 30 kS/s but there is faster Pics that can sample up to 200kS/s but it's not enuph.

A solution with a FPGA that save samples from an ADC to an memory and then use a pic to send the data to an PC or maybe the FPGA can do that operation too.
Even if I could put this together I don't have the time now and I don't have the knowlege to make the PC software.

pankaj - Thank you for your respons anyhow. It was a good link.

https://www.fpga4fun.com/digitalscope.html is a good one but there is no schematics or binaries for free. It's anyhow a small and nice solution.
Maybe I could make this oscilloscope but I need a good free software that can communicate with the oscilloscope. Any sugsestions?

make fpga oscilloscope

ankan said:
https://www.fpga4fun.com/digitalscope.html is a good one but there is no schematics or binaries for free.
FREE?? You dont even get them even if you buy the boards :D. Not even a single line of code or schematics are given for the digital oscilloscope project. Also he doesn't give schematics of the FPGA board you buy!!! The guy is just interested in making money.... Lookout for other sources for FPGA boards instead of going for these. I myself wasted money buying one of his boards (Xylo).

fpga digital oscilloscope

Okey. I got other things in mind now. I was thinking of making a PC digital oscilloscope based on a FPGA from the info at fpga4fun.
What I need is a good PC-software to make the DSO to work with.

Any suggestions of free software that the protocol is known and possible to work with?

pc base oscilloscope schematic

ankan said:
Okey. I got other things in mind now. I was thinking of making a PC digital oscilloscope based on a FPGA from the info at fpga4fun.
What I need is a good PC-software to make the DSO to work with.

Any suggestions of free software that the protocol is known and possible to work with?
Thats what I am saying buddy.....the fpga4fun guy doesnt want to give any details of this project. I bought his Xylo board just for this project...and it was a big disaoppintment :( . Initially didn't even wanted to give the protocol he uses for PC communication...but later he gave something which eventually turned out to be wrong protocol. Then I figured it out myself using USB sinffer..how to get frame from the hardware ;) but the Verilog code inside FPGA and CY7C68013 USB code still remains a mystery. :roll:

I'am not looking for buying the solutions. I'am going to build my own after I have read how flashy is build. A schematic for the old rev. of flashy is avaible at his site and codeexamples is avaible too.
So what I need is a software for the PC to work with. I was going to use RS-232 interface because it's simpler. Maybe in the future I will use USB.

Still searching for free PC - Digital Oscilloscope, PC-software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back