Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pbg or ebg design with HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

huiliangxu

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ebg hfss

pbg or ebg design with HFSS

who can give me some example
my email:xuhuils@163.com
thanks

hfss ebg

Dear huiliangxu,

Enjoy!

Go and read: **broken link removed**

and see if you can get what you want from the attached files on Ansoft's PBG training in HFSS.

Hope these helps,
Dave

ebg design

hi heedavid
thank you for you sample project;
i am also trying to simulate pbg or ebg with cst and did you have it
i am a cst or hfss newer.
thank you

reflection and phase hfss

thank you for you sample project..
i am a cst or hfss newer. too
thank you ..

ebg on hfss

why I can't download it?

Can anyone help me?

Thx!

ebg,hfss

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for that example project. that polyline tip was very helpful. I was looking at the Output Variables, and your project has refl_raw as one of the Calculator Expressions. I cannot find the expression used to calculate that variable, and where/how it is defined. I'm using HFSS 10 and since this is a 9.2 project is it possible that it's lost in translation? I would greatly appreciate it if you could point out how to determine refl_raw (the rest of the logic reg. std. plate reflection i am familiar with).
i'm doing something similar except that i need to look at both reflection magnitude as well as phase at a given plane (z value).

thanks
sree

hfss reflection phase

apologies for my earlier brain fart. i found out how/where refl_raw is defined, and everything else i needed for my problem. i just have one (probable) correction regarding your PBG model. please whack me if i am wrong.

In your example the zero phase position for incident wave is located at z=0, and the PBG surface is located 25 mils above this plane. if the delta is defined as (theta-pi), where theta is the (unknown) freq-dependent refl. phase of the PBG, then the raw_delta quantity from your model differs by a factor of 25/lambda*2pi. getting the correct delta (theta-pi) could be done in two ways:

A. define the zero phase position for inc. wave at z=25
(or)
B. change eval_dist from 247 to (247-25), effectively putting the std plate at the same plane as the PBG so the delta comparison is valid.

Your example case has been very insightful and helped me in more ways than one. Thank you very much!

Sree

how to obtain reflection phase in hfss

It's very helpfel for me. Thank you so much.
非常有用,谢谢!

theta hfss output variables

I have tried it for a typical square-patch over ground plane (AMC surface), but simulation goes very slow, and with a high memory requirement.

Can anyone provide me a simple example for calculating both magnitude and phase from a Sievenpiper surface???

Thanks,

Pere

Added after 2 minutes:

I forgot to say that I'm using HFSS v9.2 and 10. HFSS v10 only solves the magnitude problem, although it only works for air; when putting a FSS, strange results appear.

Anyone can help me?? Thanks again.

Pere J. Ferrer

ebg with hfss

How to get the relf phase results? Can anyone offer more references about the model of UC-PBG? Thank you very much. And I want to know if I want to get the S parameters, must I need to use microstrip port or probe?

floquest port hfss

Hi friend, you can refer to Dave's file that can help you to get reflection-phase of UC-PBG. This file is good, because it includes the boundary-setup in HFSS!

hfss 11 ebg

Thank for posting the useful examples!

hfss floquet

When I use HFSS v11 to simulate this project, it reports error and can not simulate. But it is ok when use v9.2. Is it the problem of different version? And how can I see the phase results in HFSSv11 directly?

pbg hfss

There are many hfss examples in the file.
Which one is how_many talking about ?

floquet hfss

new_ucpbg is the project i was referring to earlier. It has information on how to calculate refl_phase.

ver 11 has Floquet ports, which are much easier to use for FSS/infinite structures. A Floquet port is just like a waveport, so you will get S-parameters - if you have two ports, you can find transmission coefficient too (magnitude & phase).

Floquet ports are modal, so abitrary polarization can be a little tricky. as long as your incident wave polarization is along one of the major axes, you can just use TE0/TM0 Floquest modes (specular modes), for other polarizations you may need to combine them in post-processing.

~S

floquet polarization hfss

Hi,
Can u let us know how to assign floquet port to New_UCPBG structure.
Regards
Yogesh

ansoft hfss used in ebg

Does anyone have an example or suggestions on how to find S-parameters for an arbitrary polarization using Floquet ports? Or, if I wanted to use the uc_pbg example, could I simply align the poly_line with my incident wave (defined by the k-vector) and calculate the S-parameters along this line?

Thanks,
Nate

hfss example reflection-phase of uc-pbg

hi heedavid
thank you for you sample project;

reflection-phase of uc-pbg hfss

Hi how_many,

how_many said:
i found out how/where refl_raw is defined, and everything else i needed for my problem.
Sree

Would you please tell me how/where the refl_raw is defined? I could not find that.

Thank you so much!

Added after 2 hours 57 minutes:

Hi all,

I've found it. I mean how and where the refl_raw is defined.

Thanks heedavid for uploading the helpful projects.

Le

To hntko,

Check the field calculator in Hfss, and you will find the definition of refl_raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.