Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

patch antenna using multiple element in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

always_studying

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i am designing a 5 patch antenna using hfss and facing error of "adaptive pass did not converge based on specified criteria" during simulation.Can someone advise me on the error as i am new in using this software.I tried simulation in one element using same analysis and radiation setup profile. Please help.thanks.

Its Not an error rather its an prompt. the number of passes that are set during solution set up determines how many will passes will hfss use for solution to converge. if they dont converge, just go to solutionset up increase the number of passes from the default value which in most cases happens to be 6 to 10 or 15. and try simulating the structure again.

if it doesnt converge then go higher up with the passes.

Regards
Elchiquito

hi, thanks for the clear instruction and indeed this prompt is no longer there after increasing the number of pass.Any reason to why is prompt this initially? thk again.

if you look below the maximum number of passes,you will also see the maximum delta s=0.02, if the solution during these passes doesnt reach below that value it is considered as non convergence.

regards
Elchiqutio

hi, i am designing a 5 patch antenna using hfss and facing error of "adaptive pass did not converge based on specified criteria" during simulation.Can someone advise me on the error as i am new in using this software.I tried simulation in one element using same analysis and radiation setup profile. Please help.thanks.

Dude that's not an error, its just a warning or something. I get that in my simulation all the time.

Although i manage to solve this warning by increasing the number of pass, now i am having problem of error in "run out of virtual memory and simulation cannot complete".Will try to understand the problem and resolve it soon.thanks for all replied about the not converging issue.

if your system is running out of virtual memory. couple of things to keep in mind. one either your radiation boundary is way too big or the memory capablities of the system is way too low.these are mostly the reasons for virtual memory to run out. check this options and you should be able to overcome the problem over 70 percent of the time

Regards
Elchiquito

thanks for the advise and indeed when i reduce the radiation boundary, the virtual memory problem have solved.

You are welcome.Feel free to let us know if you have any further difficulties in the future.

can you advise how can i plot radiation pattern to check the null angles that i intended to use? thanks.

On HFSS you would have to setup radiation sphere first and then go to results-- far field patterns--then radiation pattern

Hope that helps

Regards
Elchiquito

I am currently being prompt of "out of memory and simulation completed with execution error on server: local machine" error. any idea what's the problem.Please help.thks

did you get a chance to check the radiation boundary? if it is appropriately placed. post your file here

regards
elchiquito

As i suspected is my low end hardware that is causing the simulation to have boundary problem and hours to run, i got a new laptop that i can run on virtual xp mode. Is even worse to run simulation on laptop as the simulation got "hanged" in the midst of it.Have anyone had this problem before?any suggestion to how i can solve my hardware limitation in complete running the simulation? thanks.

Will like to ask if i had calculated phase for 4 element how do I injected to the hfss to check for the null angle?The setup for radiation sphere seem to be only setting the angle that we want to plot and not a criteria or condition we want it to radiation.Please advise.

Could you rephrase what are you tryin to do. it doesn't make sense to me.

Regards
Elchiquito

sorry, i mean to ask how to insert the different phase for the array antenna in the HFSS inorder to observe the null angle from the radiation pattern. And i have found the method to do it already.thanks for all help given these times. This forum is a good platform to seek for advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back