Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

patch antenna calculation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kocha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
patch antenna calculation

does anyone have the equation for suspended patch antenna ?

1.ground
2.air
3.FR4
4.patch

for example for a 2.4 GHz patch antenna
ground
the height of the air is 5 mm
the height of the fr4 is 0.8
patch thickness is 0.035mm

regard

patch antenna equation dielectric

Hi kocha,

i've seen some formulas in the book of Hans Schantz: "UWB Antennas"
(But i don't have it anymore)

Alternative you could use some tool like Microwave Office, Zealand Patch Calculator, ADS or CST

I remeber some measurements with a circular patch, if the diameter is between 2-5cm and you use FR4 with 1mm thickness and 17um copper the matched frequency should be in betwenn 1GHz and 3GHz.

cu

kocha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
rectangular patch antenna equation

what i need is the calculation of the resonance length of the antenna .
how can i find the length or the ε eff of the antenna ?

thank in advance

microstrip antenna patch calc

go through the IEEE paper "the design of microstrip antenna using circuit theory and also go through the book balanie by antenna theory which explain the very well step and also for calculating the Rin for the microstip in google search write the "microstrip fed patch antenna" and you find the site name www.rfdesign.com and find that article which is very useful for finding the input impedance

kocha

1.2 ghz patch antenna

I only need to know the ε eff of suspended microstrip antenna ( not a microstrip line ) , what is the equation?

using two different materails (substrate) .

patch antenna theoretical calculation

Hi kocha,

I don't know much about suspended patch antenna exactly.
But for basic patch antenna (rectangular, circular patch, even array and aperture also exist) you can use PCAAD5 to calculate the dimension of antenna for the wanted frequency, you just input the dielectric parameter (ε, thickness,etc) and first calculated dimension.
Off course this tools not too accurate compare to other EM software like IE3D,HFSS,etc. but I could help for first check "impression". :)

If you like to try, you could check in this treat:

Regards,

kocha

microstrip patch antenna calculator

fwbsys said:
Hi kocha,

i've seen some formulas in the book of Hans Schantz: "UWB Antennas"
(But i don't have it anymore)

Alternative you could use some tool like Microwave Office, Zealand Patch Calculator, ADS or CST

I remeber some measurements with a circular patch, if the diameter is between 2-5cm and you use FR4 with 1mm thickness and 17um copper the matched frequency should be in betwenn 1GHz and 3GHz.

cu

do u know where i can find Microwave office tutorials??i need to design microstrp patch antenna using the software..plsss i need help.

kocha

antenna calculation

hello, I suggest you to read a little bit in textbooks before going into softwares and other things. You can find here a lot of articles and books related to microstrip antennas (circular, square, triangles...) and links to rapidshare if you dont have enough points. I dont think it is a good idea to go into microstrip antenna software from scratch.

regards

patch antenna formula

Hello Kocha

I am also working on same thing but problem with me that i have to design a square patch instead of rectangular patch. i have equation for square patch for finding all parameter for the desired frequency

kocha

square patch antenna equation

vkalariya said:
Hello Kocha

I am also working on same thing but problem with me that i have to design a square patch instead of rectangular patch. i have equation for square patch for finding all parameter for the desired frequency

hy vkalariya

could you send me the equation for the square patch .

thanks kocha

square patch antenna calculation

Hi, Kocha,
For suspended patch antenna design , you should first calculate the dielectric parameter ε, under suspended condition , then you can use usual formula that you can find in any microstrip patch antenna books to design your patch antenna.

xcy_antenna

patch antenna calculator

it might be regarded as two capacitors in parallel

patch antenna calc

xcy_antenna said:
Hi, Kocha,
For suspended patch antenna design , you should first calculate the dielectric parameter ε, under suspended condition , then you can use usual formula that you can find in any microstrip patch antenna books to design your patch antenna.

xcy_antenna

that is exactly what my problem is , to calculate the dielectric parameter ε eff
and not for microstrip line ,but for microstrip antenna.

thanks for all

2.4 ghz patch calc

Hi Koucha.
Unfortunately I have no background on the topic you mentioned.
but
I was surfing some papers and suddenly I recall you problem,
I think this paper can help you.

Hope you enjoy that.
Cheers.

kocha

1.2ghz patch antenna

Hello people,

anyone has design formula for a "Notched patch" at 1.2 GHz?

Thanks in advance,

Lupin

Member level 1
Member level 1

Donate
Down: 0.00MB

Post19 Sep 2007 8:29
patch antenna calculation
Report this post to the moderators of this forum
does anyone have the equation for suspended patch antenna ?

1.ground
2.air
3.FR4
4.patch

for example for a 2.4 GHz patch antenna
ground
the height of the air is 5 mm
the height of the fr4 is 0.8
patch thickness is 0.035mm

regard

how can we design such a antenna with cst microwave suit?

Please help me I m designing square patch probe feed at 10GHz please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back