Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

patch antenna array...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Maria.

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i am new member , i speak bad english sorry...i use google translator
I'm working on a thesis ,whose title in french "Optimisation dans la géométrie de structure dans les réseaux d’antennes patch " , in english "Optimizing the geometry of structure in the patch antenna arrays"

please

in the description of my thesis , i find "... optimize the geometry of the patch antenna array so as to reduce significantly the effect of all the inevitable discontinuities in the antenna array."

in the general case , how it goes this optimization ?
what are the steps for optimizing a patch antenna array

give me an exemple , or a thesis in this type...
thank you

Hi,
I have worked on a few array designs before. When you say discontinuity the things that come to my mind are:
On the feed structure: corners, split junctions, feed junctions and coupling with neighbouring microstrip lines.

You can also have undesired effects from coupling between the antenna elements.

thank u very much mkonca...
is there a specific method for this optimization ?
please
can u send me thesis that speak about this...

my email:kakarony2008@hotmail.com

I don't have a thesis that talks about optimization. I was just giving some general information from my experience with microstrip antenna arrays. Your question was very general. First you should determine what are your discontinuities and than find out what is the adverse effect of these discontinuities. After you determine these parameters than you can think about how to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.