Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

patch antenna +AMC !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Maria.

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi!
please , i want to use patch antenna above (AMC) artificial magnetic conductor!

when i simulate patch antenna only above ground plan , i use heigth of substrate (h1)

but when i want use AMC as ground plane , i don't know how choose (h, ep_r) of my substrate for obteining same frequency resonance witch case when patch with no AMC!

thank you!p

NB: my AMC has VIA metalic

sorry , please , it is clear my question?

my patch antenna is : fr=5.8GHz ; h=2mm ; ep_r=10.2

my EBG cellul is (3mmx3mm) , radius of via is 0.25mm , i want to use this EBG as AMC (artificial magnetic conductor) , so EBG will be ground plan of my patch antenna

how do it ?

because when i use : patch antenna with (ep_r=10.2 and h=2mm) above AMC (mushroo like ebg) i can't have fr=5.8GHz!

how choose dielectric for my patch antenna ?

If you have HFSS and Optimetrics, I'd just recommend doing a parametric sweep on substrate height, if that's what you want to do.

I'm not sure why you want that information, though. The AMC needs to work in conjunction with the dielectric to produce a 0 degree reflection phase at the antenna surface, so... your dielectric height needs to be the appropriate amount to offset the (preferable negative) reflection phase of the AMC at 5.8 GHz.

Good Luck

If you have HFSS and Optimetrics, I'd just recommend doing a parametric sweep on substrate height, if that's what you want to do.

I'm not sure why you want that information, though. The AMC needs to work in conjunction with the dielectric to produce a 0 degree reflection phase at the antenna surface, so... your dielectric height needs to be the appropriate amount to offset the (preferable negative) reflection phase of the AMC at 5.8 GHz.

Good Luck

i work with MOMENTUM ADS :)

when i use patch antenna surounded by EBG , there is no problem , i obtain good adaptation in good frequency (s11<-10dB in fr=5.8GHz)...!

but when i want use this :

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/94_1348076020.jpg

so how do i ? thank you very much!

As I indicated previously, I suspect poor performance would be due to the 0 degree reflection of your EBG, if it is indeed designed for that response at 5.8 GHz. You would ideally want it slightly negative to compensate for the phase change though the substrate (Substrate 1) - especially with such a large dielectric constant.

The problem is in ADS you can't confirm that the reflection coefficient is high, or that the phase is around 0 degrees. How did you test the EBG response?

hi!
i am new in the world of forum and it is my first post!
where is the connection of your question
i have no solution of this problem
because i never this again!
9xm live tv
i am very exited because it is me that start posting................!

(thank u)*3 and (sorry)*3 ....:)

meta...

i test EBG with (HFSS) , i will excit one cellul by plane wave and i found that coefficient phase=0 in f=5.8GHz!

so please explain me how do to obtain (S11<-10dB) for f=5.8HGz , when ebg structure will in below the patch antenna as indicated...

I'd stick with HFSS if possible.

If the reflection phase is 0 degrees, and your antenna is right on top of the EBG, then you shouldn't have a problem. If there is a dielectric, then you have to compensate for the added system inductance, as I described above. I would start by measuring the input impedance of your antenna when it's near the EBG - is it inductive, or capacitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back