Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Password based Electronic lock based on pic microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

robojacob

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to build a electronic lock using password saved in eeprom and ****asterisk based when pressing buttons. I didnt find yet any helpful link to accomplish this task with pic microcontroller by using c or basic. Do have any idea or capability to help me???

It is quite simple.. all you need is a keypad and an LCD 16x2... I did that for a customer once

can u plz decode the ASM code ( ur link) to C or Basic or send me another useful link to know how to programme a password lock in C language for pic microcontroller???

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

@sink0.. what i wanted is ur help to learn how can i make password lock using pic microcontroller???...if u hv made dis b4 for ur customer,paste the schematic and code here
@ck shivaram..thanks ....but i want to c any password code in C language..i don kno the assembly language....if u hv any useful link to make password lock using C lannguage..plz post it here...

Learn assembler, then you will easily 'transpose' the code ti C or Basic, when you figure out the routines used.

Also, please do not use SMS kind of writing, messages here are not limited to 160 characters:

your site is really helpful and thanks for your code.but main problem is i didnt understand the language otherwise i will start learning pic from your site

your site is really helpful and thanks for your code.but main problem is i didnt understand the language otherwise i will start learning pic from your site
Use google translate from malay to english. or you don't need that because the C Language is still there.

mr.engshahrul youur coding is nice..i wanna build my c coding efficiency like you. Can u plz giv me some helpful link or name of book from where i can learn C effeiciently and fast? what's ur advice and guideline 2 learn C?? and also thanks to mr. ckshivaram.

last warning to your before bannig you from the forum for using sms typing skills

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.engshahrul youur coding is nice..i wanna build my c coding efficiency like you. Can u plz giv me some helpful link or name of book from where i can learn C effeiciently and fast? what's ur advice and guideline 2 learn C?? and also thanks to mr. ckshivaram.
I don't have any microcontroller ebook. That all my experience and try-and-error.

mr.shahrul In your coding i did not understand this part :

keypad=read_keypad();
if((keypad>=1)&(keypad<=10)){
pass[count]=keypad%10+0x30;
lcd_goto(0x44+count);
lcd_string("*");
count++;}
and specially 3rd line pass[count] where you are assigning value with adding 48 (may be to generate ASCII value,i am not sure ) and later in a part you are comparing with contents of pass[count] with saved password which is :

if(count==8){
count=0;
for(i=0;i<=7;i++){if(pass==password) count++;}

you have saved your password in password[8] with decimal vale but comparing the value with content of pass with addition of ox309(didn't understand that also)
sorry if i am mistaking as i am beginner in C , i am finding to understand your code..if better if you help me to understand your code and add comments in your statements

Status
Not open for further replies.