Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Passive Phase lock loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

anum_pirkani

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..

I am looking for a PASSIVE PLL component that I can use after VCO followed by 2 way power divider in my design.

I have searched for PLL but i have found active ones...!!!

Frequency is approximately 900MHz

VCO------PASSIVE PLL-----2-WAY POWER DIVIDER

Regards

Why do you think there is such a thing as a passive PLL? What frequency are you trying to lock to what other frequency with this PLL?

If your two RF sources are in phase at some physical point, add a 1/4 wave length coax line in series with one, then use a resistive adder. At this point a detector will give you a signal that goes +ve/-ve as the phases change. The problem is that it cannot detect the direction of the phase change, so you need a "non ambigous" detector to get your phasing into the correct quadrant, this is basically the same as above but the added line is a extra 1/4 wavelength and the detector just gives a gives a positive output when the RF is phased up correctly and no output when its trying to anti phase the RFs. When its doing this just fire a monostable to inject a small voltage into the circuit to bring the VCO back into the right quadrant. As used in the PYE VHF TV transmitters, 1955 -1984.
Frank

Reactions: WimRFP

WimRFP

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back