Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Passing parameter to Design Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsut

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have writen a Verilog code for my design, in some sub module i have parameterized them. Now i'm facing a problem that when i retranslate my behavioral level design to a gate-level design, all my parameter becomes fixed at the default values and cant be change. Is there any way to resolve this problem without rewriting each every seperated codes for each value of parameter ? Thanks in advanced ....

Try this : elaborate [module_name] -library WORK -param #[parameters_value maping]# -update

Surely your problem will be resolve, but it will be a quite boring and massive stuff .

You can not use parameters in your gate level netlist - maybe you can set these prameters as input of your blocks or make them be configured by your i2c/spi protocol.

Another easy method is to put all the parameters in one block whose output connect to all other blocks that use the parameters. This way you can include this file for both rtl/gate simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back