Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parts with multiple pins on the same net in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklippenstein

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So I've got this LED i'm trying to use in a design for a 7 segment display. The LED has 2 anode and 2 cathode pins.

Thus far I have found a way to get the two pins on the same net in Altium (Summer 09). However, if I don't connect both pins in the layout I get a DRC.

Is there a way to prevent this? I would like to be able to connect to either pin on the package, so I would prefer to not have one of the pins just be a dummy.

Thanks.

Hi,
Your saying that you do not want to connect the two but you want these pins have the same net.?

Hi,
Your saying that you do not want to connect the two but you want these pins have the same net.?

I would like to have the option of connecting the legs together.

I initially thought of having the legs connected together in the footprint, but then I would be unable to run other traces underneath (just boring power signals).

I understand that this may not be the best practice, if anyone has a better plan, please speak up.

If you do not want to connect the two, it is better to have different net name for both pins.:)

Better way is that you GO to your DRC and set the rules for the particular error but that will be little cumbersome.
The easier way I think is, if you are not going to coneect one pin to any net, make it as No Net in it properties that way you will clear the DRC OR you can simply ignore the error if you dont want to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back