Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

partial place and route - how to reduce sysnthesis and place

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddharth3

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
partial place and route

Hello all,
I have been implementing a design on a Xilinx FPGA for a few weeks. Since the rtl is huge it takes arnd 5hrs for synthesis and place and route to complete(1hr+4hr). Everytime there is a small change in the RTL, the whole process needs to be redone and it consumes a lot of time. Is there a way in which i can reduce sysnthesis and place and route time by concentarting on just the block that was changed??? please help me...

partial place and route

Hi !!
If you use ISE, there is a partition option. The partition mode allow you to synthesis only the partition that is modified. But the place and route start from nothing.
I design on xilinx fpga, and the first thing I do is to divide the design in several independant modules.
I create some code to generate the input for each modules, so that I could synthesis and PAR only the module under test. For FPGA, it takes you 1 hour to write the code, and 3 hours to write the testbench and check that your code is correct....

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back