Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Part ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richhpps

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Not sure if this is in the right section, sorry if not.

I have a pcb from a radio which has 2 components burnt out, I've ID'd them as possibly being BR (bridge rectifiers), but they only appear to have 3 terminals where as all the aftermarket ones I've looked at have 4 or more.

Images show burnt out board and same board from a slightly newer version of the same radio.

Have I ID'd them wrong and are they actually something else? Any advise greatly recieved.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210914_075324.jpg
    20210914_075324.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210914_075347.jpg
    20210914_075347.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 89

Moved to more appropriate analog circuit design section.

A three-terminal part can hardly be a bridge rectifier. A Q designator stands mostly for transistors. There are many SOT-23 transistors listed for code BR, e.g. here https://www.hotenda.com/marking-code/search/list/BR.html

Certainly not a bridge rectifier - they need four pins to operate.
More likely a BCW60 NPN transistor. The code letters rarely describe the type of component, they are decided by the manufacturer and there are often duplicate codes for different parts.

[applogies, my post crossed with FvM's, the outline is SOT-23 which as you can see, narrows the search quite a lot]

Brian.

Thanks for you're replies.

I'm no electrician as you can probably tell, but would like to try to replace the burnt out parts. If it doesn't work then it's no loss as I have another anyway.

Where would you suggest I find the replacement parts and is there a way of finding out exactly what they are?

If it's any help, it's from a Makita jobsite radio that works on 12v, 14v, 18v and (UK) mains with a transformer.

If you simply replace the transistors then the fault is still in the circuit which will cause the replacements to also burn out. You must find what caused the original parts to burn and fix it before replacing the burned parts.

If you simply replace the transistors then the fault is still in the circuit which will cause the replacements to also burn out. You must find what caused the original parts to burn and fix it before replacing the burned parts.
I was the reason they burnt out, I took it apart and clumsily shorted the voltage regulator by accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back