Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parasitic inductor extraction using PEX in TSMC 180nm and running netlist through terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy12345

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am doing parasitic inductor extraction using Calibre PEX, but inductors are unable to be mapped in calibre view since there is no cell present for parasitic inductor in TSMC 180 nm library. So simulation using config view is not giving correct results.
I have the pex netlist with extracted inductors, capacitors and resistors and I want to run it through terminal directly.
Can someone please tell me how to do that?

Thank you

In your config view, right-click the cell -> Set Cell View -> Specify Spice Source File

Here select your *.pex.netlist file.

This should simulate with your extracted netlist directly.

In your config view, right-click the cell -> Set Cell View -> Specify Spice Source File

Here select your *.pex.netlist file.

This should simulate with your extracted netlist directly.
Thank you so much for answering the question.
I did as you saiid and I am getting another error as"......./ ABC.pex.netlist" 134: Expression is missing a terminating quote character.". Should I edit the netlist to fix it?

If you show us line 134, maybe we will be able to help you.

But your best bet is to ask application support form your vendor.

It's quite possible there are some fundamental problems with Calibre parasitic inductance extraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back