Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parasitic element in Yagi Uda antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVenky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the parasitic elements in Yagi Uda antenna?. I just couldn't find where it is from the diagram of Yagi uda antenna. I can locate the driven elements and the reflector but I couldn't locate the parasitic element.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

director(s) and reflector(s)

How do they contribute to capacitance and inductance?

I would be really happy if you could provide me some link where they explain in detail about Yagi Uda Antenna because the book that I am having didn't explain much about Yagi Uda Antenna.

How do they contribute to capacitance and inductance?

Over the past weeks, a few people have posted questions in this forum about equivalent circuits of antennas.

This does not make much sense to me. The equivalent circuits consist of lumped elements, whereas an antenna is a distributed, radiating structure. Thinking in terms of lumped L,C makes it really difficult to understand antennas.

I think you might have also misunderstood the word "parasitic element" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back