Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parametric Analysis sweep noise analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Kang

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to use the parametric analysis tool to perform noise analysis. The noise does appear, but the noise FFTs must be almost identical for every step of the sweep since the output appears as shown in the plot.

How can I have true random noise added to each step of the parametric analysis? I have tried using the noise update option with step and fmax, to no avail. I read the manual but it did not work as advertised.

Noise Fmax = 100M
Noise Fmin = 100
Noise Seed = 1
Noise Scale = ---
Noise Tmin = ---

Oh, and also I read somewhere that MMSIM has an issue with a switch paired with a current source? I have that setup, but what's weird is that I have an amp on the back-end so shouldn't the noise from the amp show up correctly at least? Anyways I don't think I know enough about noise simulations to decide what's proper.

Thank you!

Attachments

• example_noise.png
    example_noise.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 82

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back