Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel/serial interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

syeda amna

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i m working on home automation project using ATMEGA16L. the output of the controller is connected to 8 different devices. now i want to monitor the whole system on PC. such that which devices are on?? for how long the devics are on.
for this i want to interface through computer, which interfacing will be better or suitable for this? which software is better??

plzzzz help me

Most modern PCs don't have a parallell port, so if I was you, I would use a serial interface which is easier to come cross in the modern world.

thank you, would you like to tell me about is VB6 is better for serial interface. i come across a lot of difficulties during interfacing and still not unable to achieve my task.

Sorry, I am not a programmer and have never used VB (refuse to touch Microsoft products for development).

i use vb 2008 for my serial communication project..actually the software will sent the ascii code..so u should program the micro c to reflect with the ascii..for example your vb sent character "a" and the ascii value = 49(if i am rite):

(i use BASIC for my PIC program)

dim datain as byte

start:

datain = hserin 'receive the data to variable data in
if datain = 49 then PORTB.0 = 1 'turn on portb.0
else
PORTB.0 = 0 'let the portb.0 off when data not equal to 49
end if

goto start

I would like to Tx/Rx data thru serial port thru C programming.
Need guidance
Thanx

Hi,

If you plan to use serial port you'd better use a USB to RS232 converter. Thus you can monitor your system even using you laptop.

For programming use VB or Delphi. Search there is a lot of threads on this issue on edabaord.

Check this one for exemple.

adeel.sid wrote:
I would like to Tx/Rx data thru serial port thru C programming.
Need guidance ....

hello adeel.sid ,
an rs232 library is available for windows and other platform usage at:
https://github.com/ynezz/librs232

it has both c and lua codes.

hope you can utilise it for your requirement.

Hello Sriz.. & Adva..
I want to send and loop back the Tx data to Rx line of RS232 thru C code (for understanding C-interface wd 232 as my first program of interfacing thru C)

Regards
Adeel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back