Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel programmer for philips 89v51 kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini_v440

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89v51

hi,
we r working on a Philips 89v51 kit.i would like to know about parallel programmer.i would also like to know whether there is a difference btwn parallel programmer of P89v51 and P89c51?? if yes , in what way it is different ?
can we program the parallel programmer of P89c51 to work for P89v51?

89v51 isp

The 89V51 Flash program memory supports both parallel programming and in serial In-System Programming (ISP) ..
The parallel programming is identical to the most of 8051-derivatives, including the 89C51 ..
If you need info on parallel programmer, you may have a look at:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Reactions: hb848

hb848

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
89v51 programmer

can u give information on parallel programmer for philips 89v51 (not atmel)??

microcontroller 89v51

You're dealing with a Philips. They didn't revealed the programming specifications for none of their microcontroller products.
Even the manufacturers of parallel programming devices must sign a NDA with Philips to receive the specification. If someone in this forum will break the NDA you can find it here. If not, sorry to say but you've to buy one.
Atmel has a different politics. That's why you can find a lot of DIY parallel programmers.

philips 89v51

can we use atmel 89c51 parallel programmer or philips 89c51 parallel programmer to erase flash mem for philips89v51

89v51 microcontroller

then what about willem universal programmer
is is not possible to program the philips chips. am asking this coz they have given the source of willem universal programmer

download flash magic 89v51

coolstuff said:
can we use atmel 89c51 parallel programmer or philips 89c51 parallel programmer to erase flash mem for philips89v51

NO.

Parallel programmers uses different programming altgorithms for Philips P89C51 and P89v51Rx2.
Nevertheless, by performing a full chip erase, the Boot Block 1 is lost too and must be reprogrammed with hex file provided by Philips if you want to regain ISP/IAP feature.

erodeboy said:
then what about willem universal programmer

The willem programmer can't handle Philips microcontrollers.

programmer kit for philips 8051 microcontroller

suppose i download the program for resetting philips89v51 from the philips website and use the atmel 89c51 parallel programmer kit to reset 89v51,will it work?

also while using flashmagic software i erased the complete flash memory(all blocks)
several times for small purely 8051 applications(glowing leds..),but when i tried for a ucos-ii port,i could not reset back to ISP mode .is it because i deleted the bootloader(block 0,1)?if yes then why did it work the first time for small applications?

8951 parallel programer

coolstuff said:
suppose i download the program for resetting philips89v51 from the philips website and use the atmel 89c51 parallel programmer kit to reset 89v51,will it work?
As it has been mentioned above - Philips does not make parallel programming specification public, so in general you cannot perform parallel programming on P89V51Rx2 using other than approved parallel programmer.

coolstuff said:
also while using flashmagic software i erased the complete flash memory(all blocks)
several times for small purely 8051 applications(glowing leds..),but when i tried for a ucos-ii port,i could not reset back to ISP mode .is it because i deleted the bootloader(block 0,1)?if yes then why did it work the first time for small applications?
FlashMagic uses ISP and is not capable of erasing Block1 which contains the bootloader.
But there are several scenarios of what might have happened:

• - you might have switched on the SoftIce mode by mistake - this can be cured, try google
    - you might have programmed the password by mistake - if password is unknown, no remedy except reprogramming Block1 in parallel programmer, but this state can be detected by "talking" to the bootloader using a terminal program
    - the software you run might have been corrupted and by chance it might ended up in corruption of Block1 - I find it quite unlikely unless the software (ucos) is specifically targeted at P89V51Rx2
    - no one of the above and I am wrong (quite likely ;-) )

wek

PS. Please, in future use the complete marking of the chip (with the Rx2 suffix) to prevent confusion - here, the suffix is NOT the marking of package/temperature range etc.[/list]

parallel programming of 89v51

thanks.u gave me some stuff to ponder on.

Status
Not open for further replies.