Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel port Pulse Rate monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

midohamaki

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help on parallel port Pulse Rate monitoring

hii guys
i dunno if that where i should post my problem ,,,
i wanna to monitor my parallel port pulse rate which dont work with my l297 chip and
i used 555 timer and worked well in range from 100 Hz To 400Hz but the parallel port did not work with doing all setup correctly
with out any oscilloscope instrument and if it's hard to be checked with parallel port .....
how can i check the rate of signal pulses at any control pin ..
thanks

Last edited:

you may have a chance to solve your problem if you can post your circuit diagrams with the code related to the problem

Thanks bassa for replying
my problem is i have l297 +l298 chips to control stepper motor with mach program and it did not work never i test my board with 555 timer and the motor run very well in the range of 100 Hz to 400 Hz and checked my parallel port and it worked well when i tried to control led's and the configuration of the mach i did it as it should iam sure of it and i tired of trying to solve the problem so i tried to see the pin at oscilloscope and it read nothing so how can i check if the parallel port is working well in that range of Freq.
and what i have to do to read signals in range of 1 KHz out of the parallel port
Thanks for ur time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back