Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel port programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

one

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
porttalk delphi i/o

please I need acces parallel port in xp whit c++ builder, i have library inpout32.dll

somebody know how do it?

thanks

delphi porttalk

Don't know about your dll, but you might want to try this link:

hxxp://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm

I was able to use the parallel port from Windows XP almost without effort using this library.

inpout32 windows permission

Does this library from BeyondLogic support interrupt driven paralle
port reads.

DspCode

porttalk inpout32

Nope, it's just a wrapper for inport/outport for Windows systems with a NT kernel. It simply changes the I/O permission bitmap in the program TSS in order to allow the program to access the I/O ports directly. I have no ideea how to use interrupts under Windows, but check again the same site, I remember that they have something about interrupts there.

epp programing

Search google for giveio.sys. This is the origin of the above mentioned driver.

HMaier

anybody know how to program pc's parrell port to communicate with dsp(ti's 5402)'s HPI?
any schemic ?

Hi,
hope the above support solve ur problem if not please contact me i did with VB and some dll in win2000

Hi, does somebody use CreateFile with LPT descriptor on XP/2k platforms (file like access to LPT or COM ports). Is there any problems? comments?
Want to transfer data from uC into PC in EPP mode. EPP transfer protokol will be emulated by uC fully.
Thank for comments... :)

chenycs
Is there something associated with my question? :?:
There is a lot of components giving access to hardware. I do dont need them. Hardware interrupt in EPP is a huge brake to slow down transmission... :!:

hi,
I use inpout32.dll via delphi language, it is work correctlly, but unfortionatlly it is low spped!
for the same instruction work in windows me it take about 1Second, but in windows xp with this dll it take about 20 second!
I need faster dll file,

I just completed my final year project on remote lighting control using parallel port through internet. I ever tried out the inpout32.dll & porttalk to interface to my project, but it can not be used to control lighting remotely, but only for local computer.

Now I am using a trial IO activex control from www.geocities.com/bagtool/io_activex.html for my project above. It is doing what I am expecting, only it is a trial active control.

green :D

I just completed my final year project on remote lighting control using parallel port through internet. I ever tried out the inpout32.dll & porttalk to interface to my project, but it can not be used to control lighting remotely, but only for local computer.

thats great green ...
can u tell more about portalk.. or refer us some link

the inpout32.dll is just a file to be saved into windows\system,then u can include it into ur VB code,and it can access the parallel port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back