Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel port programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm1875

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, Im completly new to Parallel port controling. I need help, I've been looking around the internet and couldn't find what I was looking for. I want to control Parallel port with Visual Basic, or maybe some other software. So how to turn on pins on parallel port. How to turn on pin 1 for example. What to write? How to control? I'm complete noob so please help.:-D

I don't understand that driver. What does it do? Is it possible to control port in Windows 98? How to write comands and trigger outputs. I'm building a relay board and how to control relays???? What to write, what program?????????????????????????????

controlling parallel port under windows98 is easy compared to win2000, xp etc.
just access the i/o port address and send the data.

On later versions of Windows the port is hidden behind the HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) you can't access it by port number. The only way to talk to it is by using operating system commands.

Brian.

ok I solved the problem. I just downloaded freebasic and wrote:
OUT 888, 0
OUT 888, 1
SLEEP 2000
OUT 888, 0
END
and this worked. I used windows xp, why do you say that you must use 98 or 95??

Sorry, I didn't know that 'OUT' function can be used in FREEBASIC.
I was very confused ten years ago when I moved from win98SE to winXP.

I have a laptop without LPT port, so is it possible to make some kind of USB to LPT port converter or adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back