Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallel port help - how to construct that circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecall

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
parallel port help

i have to develop a program in assembly that flashes leds connected with parallel port of the computer..... as far as programing is concerned i can do that but prob is what will be the circuit how to construct that cirduit.plz help

Re: parallel port help

The most simplest circuit would be to simply wire an LED and resistor in series to each parallel port pins going to ground. HOWEVER this has a high risk of damaging you parallel port. I suggest you use a logic IC as a buffer between the parallel port and your LEDs. Have you tried Googling for some circuits, I'm sure there are lots of them on the net as this is usually a favorite topic to discuss and its also simple. Try this one hope it helps.

**broken link removed**

parallel port help

I have never had a problem using ULN series chips with built in base resistors. ULN2803 would give you 8 open collector outputs, one for each data line. As these are darlington drivers, there would be very low port loading. Google for connection details/data sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back